Below are the terms and conditions for The National Coding and Robotics Challenge 2020 conducted by SP Robotic Works Pvt Ltd. Anyone below 18 years of age is assumed to be a child and by registering as a participant it is assumed that the participant has obtained their parents/ guardian’s consent.
The registration for the National Coding and Robotics Challenge has to be done through the link to the registration form, which is available on the website. The registration fee paid includes a course (Scratch Programming for Junior category and Android Programming for Senior category) and gift vouchers, or either one of them.
The entry to the competition will be granted only upon upfront payment of the entire registration fees.
Only participants who have completed 7 to 9 years of age, on or before December 15, 2020, will be eligible for the Junior Category.
Only Participants who have completed 10 to 16 years of age, on or before December 15, 2020, will be eligible for the Senior Category.
Any breach of the age restrictions, will lead to disqualification.
Once the registration is completed, access to the course will be provided immediately and the details will be sent through an SMS and an email (if provided). The gift vouchers will be provided post-January, 2021.
For overseas participants, shipping charges will be applicable based on the location. All costs for shipping the gift vouchers will be borne by the participant.
Registrations once made cannot be cancelled or withdrawn at any point of time. The registration fee is non-refundable.
The participant will be required to Learn Scratch Programming which is provided to them and then do a project based on the problem statement given in the website
The project should be done on the same platform as taught in the courseware
The participant should record a clear video , presenting their project.
The participant can make the presentation video as creatively as they want.
The video should be uploaded in their social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram) and the links should be shared to the competition page
The top 50 participants that will qualify to the next round will be chosen based on the total number of likes in each of the social media and the judges’ scores for each participant
The Judges’ scores and decisions will be final.
The top 50 participants will move forward and participate in the second round of the competition and they will be receiving an EB Inventor kit with which they will use to participate.
- The winners will be chosen in a similar fashion to the previous round i.e. also based on the number of likes on social media and judges’ scores.
- The participant will be required to Learn Android Programming which is provided to them and then do a project based on the problem statement given in the website.
- The project should be done on the same platform as taught in the courseware
- The participant should record a clear video, presenting their project
- The participant can make the presentation video as creatively as they want
- The video should be uploaded in their social media and the links should be shared in the competition page
- The top 50 participants that will qualify to the next round will be chosen based on the total number of likes in each of the social media and the judges’ scores for each participant.
- The Judges’ scores and decisions will be final.
- The top 50 participants will move forward and participate in the second round of the competition and they will be receiving a Codey Inventor kit with which they will use to participate.The winners will be chosen in a similar fashion to the previous round i.e.also based on the number of likes on social media and judges’ scores.
- The organisers will have the sole right to declare the winners. No appeal or request for re-evaluation will be entertained.
- The gift vouchers will be issued to the eligible participants post-January 2021 through virtual means.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- License to Use Content (Reservation of Rights)- Participants may use the code and content made available as part of the competition solely to prepare for and compete in such competition. SP Robotic Works retains all rights in such code and in all content (computer code, videos, documents, etc) produced by the Participants and submitted to the organisers as part of the competition for which they have been registered.
- For any submission the participants make to the competition, SP Robotic Works is granted a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, free license (with the right to sublicense) to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use such submission.
- By sharing or posting any content as part of the competition, on social media page (collectively, “Social Media Content”), then SP Robotic Works may feature such Social Media Content in marketing and promotional materials. SP Robotic Works is granted an unrestricted, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, free license to use the Social Media Content for promotion.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein, SP Robotic Works Pvt Ltd reserves the unlimited right to change, cancel or reschedule the competition and the commitments to winners mentioned above, without any prior notice.
- SP Robotic Works reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this competition is operated and services are offered, without giving any prior notice of the same.
- Indemnities. Parents/guardians and the participants, will indemnify SP Robotic Works and its affiliates, directors, officers, and employees against all liabilities, damages, losses, costs, fees (including legal fees), and expenses relating to any allegation or third-party legal proceeding to the extent arising from:
- (A) participants’ acts or omissions in relation to the competition (including your use or acceptance of any prize and any breach of these Terms or any applicable rules); and
- (B) participants’ submissions violating any rights of any other person or entity or any obligation towards them.
- Other general terms and conditions mentioned here https://sproboticworks.com/terms-and-conditions will also be applicable to all participants/ users.
1) What is the last date to register for NCRC 2020 ?
Last date to register for NCRC competition is 20-Dec-2020
2) How to submit the project for evaluation?
- Step - 1 : Take a nice video of you explaining your project( Make sure you are in front of the Camera explaining it too :))
- Step - 2 : Upload the video in your Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn profiles or channels ( Create one if you don't have any!)
- Step - 3 : Tag our Official Social Media handles and the event sponsors( so that we notice you and reshare for more votes!)
- Step - 4 : Share it along with your friends and family and make them vote for you( Remember-> More Likes= More Votes!)
- Step - 5 : Login in your Profile and paste the links in the NCRC Page
If you have any doubts on any of these steps above, feel free to reach out to us at the Product Support Team Chat window, at the bottom right corner of your screen!
3) What is the last date for project submission ?
The last date to submit your project for evaluation is 31 December 2020.
4) How do I get the votes?
Once the project video is uploaded in your Social Media, make sure to tag SP Robotic Works, FunCity India, Tourism Malaysia, Sterling Holidays, Study Malaysia, Toy House, Provoke Magazine and TiE Chennai and share the post among your friends and family. Each LIKE for the post will be considered 1 VOTE.
5) How do I get a chance to be a Finalist ?
Now, improve your points so that you are sure to be selected as a winner. Below is the % weightage for each criteria which can help you be one among the top 100
- FB, LinkedIn & YouTube Votes - 30%
- Course Completion score (You can check your Teaser Questions Avg. Score here- 20%
- Time taken for Project Submission (We prefer 7 days after you complete the course) - 10%
The remaining weightage is with Jury.
If you want to check your position, go and check out the Leaderboard page to know your chances! Link
6) What is the minimum eligibility criteria?
The Finalists will be selected based on the below weightage of points and the selection by the Jury will be final.
||Minimum eligibility criteria
|AFB, LinkedIn & Youtube votes
||450 Likes collectively
||80% avg Score
|Project Submission timeline (From the time of course completion)
|Sportsmanship (Referral votes)
The participant who meets the most line items in the Minimum Eligibility Criteria will be selected and the decision of the Jury would be final.
Note: Please be informed that the voting for the projects through social media will be closed by 7th January 2021 - 11:59:59 PM. Any votes after the said time will not be considered while counting.